Toll Free Phone:
Ms. Alexandra J. Schwartzman is an associate attorney at Gilbert Employment Law, P.C. Her practice focuses on civil rights law, with a focus on representation of federal sector employees in a range of discrimination matters. Since joining the firm, Ms. Schwartzman has represented employees in private and public sector disputes regarding claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, as well as violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and the Whistleblower Protection Act, and related state and local laws.
Ms. Schwartzman joined Gilbert Employment Law in 2019 as a post-graduate law clerk. During law school, Ms. Schwartzman served as a student attorney with the Public Justice Advocacy Clinic, where she represented employees in their wage and hour disputes before the Office of Administrative Hearings. Ms. Schwartzman was selected as a Peggy Browning Fund Fellow at New York State United Teachers, where she represented union members. In addition, Ms. Schwartzman also served as a Public Policy Fellow with the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights where she investigated national current events issues.
During the course of her Master’s degree, Ms. Schwartzman completed a fellowship on resolving urban violence through art in Medellín, Colombia. Prior to completing her graduate degrees, Ms. Schwartzman worked as a Case Manager at the Center for Conflict Resolution in Chicago, IL, where she helped manage the Foreclosure Mediation Program. At the Center for Conflict Resolution, Ms. Schwartzman received her certification as a mediator and served as a mediator for a range of community-related disputes.
Ms. Schwartzman earned her Juris Doctorate from The George Washington University Law School in 2019, where she was a member of the Public Contracts Law Journal and served as the President of the Feminist Forum. She holds a Masters of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution from Columbia University. Ms. Schwartzman earned her Bachelor of Arts from Oberlin College in 2012.
- Civil Rights Law
- District of Columbia
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: President of the Feminist Forum
- Columbia University
- Masters of Science in Negotiation
- Oberlin College
- B.A. - 2012
- Case Manager at the Center for Conflict Resolution in Chicago, IL
- Student Attorney with the Public Justice Advocacy Clinic
- Public Policy Fellow with the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Peggy Browning Fund Fellow at New York State United Teachers
- The George Washington University Law School Pro Bono Honors Recipient